Our philosophy is taken directly from the old African proverb:
“It takes a village to raise a child.”
Our mission is to boost the capacity of caring adult mentors and support them in creating culturally responsive learning environments that engage and inspire African American youth and encourage them to embrace their natural intelligence and leadership capabilities. As a result, youth become more culturally developed individuals. Rooted in their history, participants are encouraged to make better choices and demonstrate extraordinary achievement gains as they prepare to succeed in college, career, and community. In working with students, parents, teachers and administrators, we strive to maintain the highest possible standards and quality while grooming our youth to be the change agents of tomorrow.
Our Support to Educators: Teachers, Counselors and Administrators
· To be motivators through understanding and high expectations
· To establish a higher level of trust and rapport with the students and their parents.
· To be introspect about personal perceptions and beliefs.
· To improve awareness of personal attitudes toward and perceptions of young people and how those attitudes and perceptions influence behavior
· To reflect on personal practice and the consequences so as to be viable role models for students
· To commit to a responsibility to other team members and students in order to shift the academic culture of the school and implement an agenda that creates opportunity for students
· To create and implement a game plan for the school that dramatically affects student achievement, and that creates a template/foundation to be used for other student populations to improve the entire school
· To provide equitable access to quality higher education
· Through professional development that consists of a 3-day institutes, meetings and consistent support (schedule a consultation today – Flukefluker@thevillagenation.com)
Follow us on Instagram @thevillagenation
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/thevillagenation